The Business office provides a range of financial services and oversight to the Bishop and to the various parishes and mission parishes' throughout the diocese. The services include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the financial affairs of the Diocese by providing bookkeeping, accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting for the Central Administrative Offices and Mount Olivet Cemetary.
- Support the various parishes and mission parishes by providing bookkeeping and accounting direction, advice, review, and oversight of the temporal goods of the parish in accordance with diocesan policies and procedures and ensure compliance with civil and canon law.
- Provide financial management and administrative support to the Montana Catholic Conference in accordance with the direction given by the Bishop of the Diocese of Great Falls-Billings and the Bishop of the Diocese of Helena.
- Provide financial services for the benefit of the various beneficiaries of the Catholic Foundation of Eastern Montana.
- Provide record keeping, mailings, and centralized communication with members and supporting organizations for the Clerical Benefits Association.
- Provide oversight, receipt and disbursement of the capital funds deposited on behalf of the parishes and mission parishes throughout the diocese.
- Provide oversight of the various financial investments held on behalf of the Bishop, the parishes, and mission parishes througout the diocese.
- Provide oversight for the collection and receipt of donor gifts offered for the Annual Bishops Appeal and the Special Collections and the annual disbursement of the Special Collections to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and administration of numerous trusts and estates held for the benefit of the Bishop and parish and mission parishes throughout the diocese.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures designed to ensure proper administration of the temporal goods of the Church.