The Business office provides legal advice and representation in collaboration with the diocesan attorney on behalf of the Bishop, parishes and mission parishes, and other diocesan entities. The services include, but are not limited to:
- Review and write contracts and agreements for various business related activities to ensure the rights of the diocese and parishes are secured and the liability resides with the responsible party.
- Review property listing agreements, buy-sell agreements, writing deed transfers and recording, and disputes in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Review and write property lease and rental agreements through the diocesan attorney ensuring the rights of the diocese and parishes and parish missions are protected, and that the requirements of the property liability insurance are met.
- Advise and review all major gifts offered through estates and wills to ensure the proper transfer of property and land in accordance with the donor's intent.
- File applications for property tax exemptions in accordance with state and federal laws for not-for-profit organizations.
- Review and write requests for easement and other property use agreements for properties owned by the Bishop for the benefit of the parishes and mission parishes.